01355 229550

At Kelvin Metals, we buy all forms of scrap metal and cable from individuals and sole traders up to large organisations. We are an ethical company and have built our great reputation on paying an honest and fair price to our customers.

What we buy can be found in the list of scrap metals and cable listed below. If you do not see your item in the list, give Kelvin Metals a call for further information.

See below some of the metals that we buy:

  • Copper (Wire, Pipe and Tanks etc)
  • Brass
  • Lead
  • Aluminium
  • All Types of Cable
  • Electric Motors
  • Stainless Steel
  • Lead Acid Batteries
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Catalytic Converters
  • Cast Iron
  • Mixed Steel Scrap
scrap metal glasgow
scrap metal glasgow
scrap metal glasgow


At Kelvin Metals, payment for scrap metal and cable is made by bank transfer (BACS) after verification of identification. As of 1 September 2016, the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015 came into effect and has prohibited all metal dealers and itinerant metal dealers from paying cash for scrap metals and cable.

Kelvin Metals is required by law to verify the identification of the person selling scrap metals and cable before making payment by bank transfer.

Two forms of identification are required (photographic and residential address):

Photo identification - must include the person's name, photograph and residential address or the person's full name, photograph and date of birth - acceptable forms of photo identification are;

  • A valid United Kingdom passport
  • A valid passport issued by an EEA state
  • A valid Great Britain or Northern Ireland photo-card driving licence
  • A valid biometric immigration document.

Residential address identification - must include the person's full name and residential address, and the issue date must not be more than three months from the date of scrap metal and cable sale - acceptable forms of residential address identification are:

  • A bank or building society statement
  • A credit or debit card statement
  • A council tax bill or statement where the person's address is in England, Wales or Scotland
  • A rate bill or statement where the person's address is in Northern Ireland
  • A utility bill, but not a mobile telephone bill

For payment by bank transfer (BACS) we also need your UK bank or building society account number and sort code. Bank transfers are normally paid into your bank account within two hours.